Menu Close

Garage fire in Elizabethtown

The Elizabethtown Fire Department responded to a garage fire at 509 Nicholas Street last Friday at 8:41 AM. The fire occurred when the home owner was working on a motorcycle in the garage. As gasoline was being drained from the bike, flammable vapors were ignited by a near-by kerosene heater. Flames flashed back, causing the motorcycle to catch fire. Fortunately, the neighbor across the street saw the fire and rushed over with a fire extinguisher to put the fire out before arrival of fire units. The quick action of the neighbor prevented damage to anything but the motorcycle. The garage and attic areas were checked for fire extension, and the scene was cleared around 9 AM.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.