The Elizabethtown Fire Department responded to a home fire early Christmas morning at 3 Chevalier Court in Elizabethtown. First responders were told that a candle started the fire on the mantle, and the residents of the home tried to extinguish the fire before vacating. The Elizabethtown Police Department quickly extinguished the fire, and ventilated the smoke from the home. No one was harmed in the incident, and the Elizabethtown Fire Department credits that to a working smoke detector. Even the Christmas tree and gifts were spared from damage.
The Women’s Empowerment Conference will be taking place at the Hardin County Extension office next week. The all day conference on January 4th will feature women-owned vendors, and talks about mental health, financials, and other ways to uplift women. There will also be several speakers in attendance at the conference, which will serve to create a space to build up women of all ethnicities, ages, etc.